Week 11, 12 & Thanksgiving
Week 11 - Magazine Redesign Continued
The work on the magazine is continuing on my end and just getting started in regards to the actual content (which I'm not doing). I did more research in terms of experimenting with new layouts and ways to be innovative while being professional and gearing it towards an older audience. The cover still has a lot of work to do and in general and has me lost regarding direction. Thus, I decided to move focus on the other pages and spreads until we have the actual stories, topic, and headlines to work with. Below is a Pinterest board I've been working with regarding researching layouts and designs and soon I'll be adding more in regards to covers as time goes on. I've been utilizing a lot of these images as samples and ways to test out new layouts and overall feel as though a certain "je ne see quoi" is missing. The two biggest things I can see are the use of color and the lack of smaller elements to push the pages. In general, it's difficult for me to add color just yet because I'm working with past stories and photos and don't necessarily want to do all the color grading for each photo, add tons of color, and etc. for it be all changed and overall a waste of work. So, I'll be doing slight tweaks and works in color until the actual content is given to me. I've attached a shared drive of a few iterations below.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15W_vxRL9OaZ8cBcuKQkzn8cGD7JZHrE7?usp=sharing
https://www.pinterest.ca/vutommy676/magazine-redesign/
Week 12 & 13 - Before and During Thanksgiving
During this week a complication came up in my personal life. My significant other is a healthcare worker and she had gotten sick and with the possibility of it being COVID, and so I couldn't go into the office since I have been in constant contact with her. I was feeling a bit under the weather but nearly as sick as she was so I could still work. Her tests came back negative but for safety precautions, I wouldn't go back until after Thanksgiving.
I continued my work on the magazine but was also assigned to make posts to announce the 2021 Tallahassee Interns who would be working in Florida's capital hill with actual offices and representatives. It took awhile for all the photos to come in and they were are in different qualities, resolutions, and etc. which is to be expected. Yet, they wanted an announcement post immediately so I had to do what I could and make the graphic below. The week when I come back from Thanksgiving I will be making more posts regarding these interns but for Thanksgiving week I was given the week off.



Comments
Post a Comment