Week 1 & 2


Week 1

The first week primarily orientation, getting acquainted with the teams, gaining access to the various drives and accounts, and going through any required training. The Bob Graham Center utilizes various storage spaces but primarily keeps it all in a shared drive connected and accessible through the UF VPN. I've been learning how to use WordPress as they use it as their platform for their website and also how to begin utilizing the templates they have from UF.

I have met the other interns as well as the staff I will be working alongside, and I will be working in tandem with a communications intern, Andy Shodell. We have been given a word document that includes many of the objectives, assignments, and goals the Bob Graham Center wishes for us to accomplish throughout our internship and we have begun formulating an excel sheet timeline to guide us each week.

Week 2

Add/Drop week has ended and so my classes have kept me busy but I will be working on three main items over the week. The first is a graphic for National Voter Registration day which is September 22nd, and following it up with graphics to countdown to the final day someone can register to vote. Secondly, I will be working on a Facebook cover page as my supervisor wishes to change it immediately to start off the Fall and set-up for more graphics and media that will be made for the upcoming election and events. Lastly, the Bob Graham Center wishes to have media across platforms that help people understand what they are voting for in regards to amendments locally. Thus, Andy and I have made a quick moodboard to get ourselves on the same page and begin working on a slide-like video presentation they have done in the past and set-up to work as a carousel on Instagram as well. This is because a majority of the younger generations who can now vote and that are at UF utilize Instagram the most from what we have determined by asking various student organizations. The moodboard can be seen below and will be expanded upon next week.


Comments

Popular Posts